Watch some of the best junior riders in the United States face off in the annual George H. Morris Excellence In Equitation class on Friday, March 25th at 4:30pm EST. All riders participate in this special class without the assistance of a trainer – there is no coaching during the course walk, warm-up, or in the ring. Sit back and enjoy as we live stream from WEF 2016 and cheer on the future of the sport! Due to unfortunate weather, the class was moved from the International Ring to the Van Kampen Covered Arena at the AGDF show grounds.
- 2015 Judges Panel
- Panel 1: Jimmy Torano and Candice King
- Panel 2: Bobby Braswell and Chris Kappler
- Schooling Judge: Karen Golding
The format for the class is as follows:
- Round 1
- o To be scored over fences.
- o Open numerical scoring will be used.
- Round 2
- o The top 15 scores will return for the second round in reverse order of points
- o This round will be a minimum of 8 jumps with a maximum height and width of 3’6″ with one simple change of lead being incorporated in the course.
- Round 3
- o The top four (4) riders selected by the panel will return (in the event of a tie for the fourth rider, the highest score from Round 2 will be the tie breaker.)
- o All four will enter the ring for further testing
- o No scores will be announced in the final round.
Below is an archived stream of the class.